Best Fitness is a franchised fitness center with nine locations, all located in the Northeast United States. There is one location in New Hampshire, three in New York, and five in Massachusetts. Its headquarters are located in Nashua, New Hampshire.
Amenities available at Best Fitness gym locations include cardio training through the use of individual machines such as treadmills and incumbent bikes, and strength training through the use of machines or free weights. Group classes vary from location to location though generally include yoga, Barre, Spin Lyfe, and the signature BFITT60 workout class. BFITT60 claims to provide an opportunity for members to see results quickly with a diverse fitness training program that keeps members energized and engaged with fun and exciting new routines that work the entire body. There is also a childcare center and personal training available at each location.
New members looking to try Best Fitness before they enroll in a membership program can do so for free with a 7-day pass. Since each location is independently owned and operated, membership fees may vary. Memberships tend to range from $19.99 to $39.99 per month, and often include an annual fee of $49. Often the lower monthly fees are for those that sign up for longer contracts with shorter contracts costing more per month. Childcare and personal training services are extra costs.
If you’re looking to cancel your Best Fitness membership for any reason, we can help you do so. Included below is a step-by-step guide that will instruct you on how to contact the company plus what information you’ll want to have handy when you do. Continue reading for more details.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- ZIP/Postal Code
- Reason for Cancellation
- Last 4 Digits of Card
- Date of Last Charge
- Amount of Last Charge
- Write a letter and request cancellation within it. Provide all of your account info as listed. Sign and date the letter and keep a copy for your records.
- Send your letter via certified mail to the address provided to you by the gym
- Dial the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently after your letter is received to ensure your account is cancelled
- Ask the representative for a confirmation number or email
- Keep your confirmation number or email as proof that you cancelled your account
- Dial the phone number for the gym you signed up at or attended most frequently
- Ask the representative how to cancel your account
- Provide your account information when requested
- Ask if you are in a contract or free to cancel
- If asked to send a letter follow our instructions to do so!